Reclaiming Careers for Skilled Immigrants and Refugees,
Retaining Local Talent
Global Talent, a program of Jannus, Inc., was started in 2014 to address the individual and systemic barriers to employment that well-educated and highly skilled immigrants and refugees face. Our founders, Tara Wolfson, and Lisa Cooper met many engineers, physicians, accountants, scientists, teachers, and other professionals who arrived to the U.S., secured their first survival job, but never found their way back to the professional careers.
In January of 2015, Global Talent officially began providing formal training and personalized 1:1 coaching to immigrants and refugee professionals who were highly motivated to rebuild their careers in Idaho. Within a few weeks, we were working with 100+ job seekers eager to understand the U.S. professional job search and obtain meaningful careers that utilized their diverse experiences, brain power, and the will to succeed.
Through partnerships with Upwardly Global, The Idaho Department of Labor, College of Western Idaho, local refugee resettlement agencies, committed volunteers, employer collaborations, and dedicated staff, we helped change peoples’ lives and showcase their true potential. As a result, 100+ Global Talent alumni have obtained professional positions that more fully utilize their skills and talents, helping to make our community stronger, more sustainable, and prosperous for all.
- 100+ job seekers benefiting from the Global Talent curriculum
- 80% of job seekers completing the program find jobs in their field within 1 year of program completion
- 431% average earnings increase for those placed
- Meet Malak, Mohammad, Neal, Luma, Rasha, Ali and other Global Talent alumni and read their incredible stories of finding their way back to their professional careers!
- Click here to read a list of frequently asked questions about Global Talent.